Monday, September 10, 2007
Mountain lot provides investment opportunity close to the city
Los Altos de Cerro Azul is located just thirty minutes from Panama's Tocumen International Airport and less than an hour from downtown Panama City along the Corredor Sur toll road. It is situated on over 20,000 acres of old growth tropical rainforest. On a clear day in Los Altos de Cerro Azul you can view both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans. The project is built at 2,500 to 2,700 feet above sea level with temperatures that range between 70 degrees and 80 degrees during the day and coolly comfortable at night. Altos de Cerro Azul is a gated community with 24-hour security, a country club with pool, tennis courts, beautiful tropical flowers and an excellent restaurant. In the surrounding forests you will find exotic birds and wildlife unique to Panama, as well as, a well-developed network of hiking trails that will take you through one of the oldest cloud forests in the Western Hemisphere. In the cloud forest you will see palm trees that can be seen only in a very few places in the world and they are spectacular. Much of Cerro Azul is within the Chagres National Park, a 300,000 acre protected national reserve. It is not uncommon to see howler monkeys, flocks of parrots, toucans, raccoons, sloth's, red and gray squirrels, and white tailed deer.
In addition to the stunning natural beauty of Altos de Cerro Azul, there is high-speed satellite Internet, Direct T.V. and modern electricity and telephone services, as well as, the best drinking water in Panama. There are more than 2,000 lots in the project, many offering spectacular views and all of them offering a fantastic mountain setting.
Featured by New York Times Travel Section in "In Cerro Azul - Panama, a Home in the Mountains"
* 4747 sq m, located in Cerro Azul west of Panama City, north of airport
* Within a gated and guarded (24 hours per day) mature development
* The lot is bordered on two sides by first growth jungle of the Chagres National Park
* Hiking trails, scenic outlooks and waterfalls to explore
* Heavenly highland temperatures -- maximum of low 80s during day, high 60s at night (ideal for sleeping) -- no air conditioning needed here
* Official topographical map included with our lot for free as well as preliminary house plans if desired -- have solid recommendations for both an architect and builder
* Lake View
* Mountain View
* Mature Development Within The Chagres National Park
* Telephone, Cable Tv, Internet Available
* Exotic Birds, Animals, And Flowers Everywhere
* Members Club With Tennis Courts, Pool, And Restaurant
* Located Just 50 Minutes From Panama City
* Only 40 Minutes From Tocumen International Airport
* 25 Minutes From Three Large Super Markets
* Google Map: here View Larger Map
Sale price: $98,500.25
Consult with your real estate agent